Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One of Those Years...

Sometimes you just have one of those days with your kid, you know? Eh, who am I kidding, sometimes we have one of those WEEKS, or even MONTHS. And there was that time that whole YEAR was one of THOSE.

I like to read "mommy blogs", and it never ceases to amaze me when I read a statement like this, "Johnny is such a happy boy, he sleeps so well and is always smiling. Taking care of him is almost effortless." Ummm...WHAT??? How nice for you. Times like this I console myself with the superficial fact that MY KID IS PROBABLY CUTER THAN YOURS. When not throwing a rediculous tantrum over the fact that we took away his sharp, shiny object.

I don't think during my adolescence when my mom threatened me with words of, "Someday I hope you have a child just like you," that this is what she meant. I was a LOVELY baby and toddler. It was just later that it somehow went terribly, horribly wrong. So, dear Wyatt, I guess if your plan is retribution on Grandmommy's behalf you can get it all out now, and then let's move on, shall we? That would be greatly appreciated. ;)

No comments: