Thursday, July 31, 2008

LONG Day...

Wyatt has been refusing to nap all day. Well, that's not entirely true...he finally took an hour nap in the morning, but this afternoon, we've had no such luck. It is after 5:00, and seeing as he's been up straight since 11:00am, I would have thought he'd have gone down before now. I got so tired of waiting, trying to put him back down, and then getting him up again after agonizing screaming (feels like the 1st year of his life all over again), that finally I just put him in his crib with some toys and books and left the light on and the door open, for a little "break" if you will. You're probably wondering why I've never tried this before, but my kid is not an idiot and he strongly resents being "tricked". Such was the case today ;). I did manage to sneak out while his back was turned, and I went outside to spray for weeds (after 2 weeks away our driveway is sprouting like a jungle) while the protests ensued. Back inside, he still doesn't seem all that happy, but the fussing is interspered with "play chatter". Hmmm. And cries of "Mamama". Ok, kid, if you still want to get out when I am done typing, I suppose we can work something out. But, man, you drive a hard bargain.

I had planned on blogging about my trip (as much as I can remember), starting with an almost missed flight and ending with a partially naked plane ride, but I can see that will have to wait. The protests are getting MUCH more insistent. At this rate, I wonder how much I'll still remember...

No comments: