Saturday, July 12, 2008

Random Saturday

Sushi is a good way to end the day. ;) We decided to make some for dinner, so we got some Ahi tuna from the market. Well, actually Eric made it mostly, but I, erhm...STIRRED THE RICE. He couldn't have done it without me. Really.

This morning we went for the Saturday morning prerequisite of coffee and bagels and then we took a nice little walk on the pier. The breeze felt wonderful and I was so glad Eric indulged me, as I am always wanting to go. Afterward we went to the bookstore, just for him. ;) Wyatt had a lot of fun playing with the "tains" again, and running off in random directions while we chased him down. (He was so occupied that tonight we searched for a train table on Craigslist. We found one for FREE that had JUST been listed. Of course, it was already claimed. Oh well, not like we have much room for it anyway.)

After the bookstore (or maybe before? I can't remember...) we went to some sporting goods stores and looked at kayaks. Just for kicks. Which progressed into the boat thing. So we indulged our fantasy of living on a boat in the Caribbean all day, and even went down to the harbor to look at various types of boats. I think as much as we hate to say it, we are both getting bored here, in the MOST BEAUTIFUL area of the country. Yeah. (But its crowded and expensive too, and I am looking into getting a job, which I really, really don't want to do. I know how lucky and blessed I am to still be home with Wyatt, and even though he drives me nuts at times, I must confess, I like being blessed...haha.) Anyhow, we used to have the best times just traveling together, seeing new territory, and now we sometimes dream about it to get us through the right now. We were both born with a serious case of wanderlust...

"Monster" indulged us pretty well for most of the day, even taking a bit of a nap in the car, but as that was his only one of the day, he started getting pretty fussy at about 4:00pm. When we got home I tried putting him down for another nap, but he was having none of it. I can tell his teeth have really been hurting him. Poor little man. With much protest, he finally went down around 7:30, and we commenced our dining experience. Yum. I feel mellow and happy, like after Thanksgiving dinner. And don't tell anybody, but yeah, I did just unbutton my pants. Shhhh.

No comments: